Our organization makes the website academy.appscenic.com.
The hereby information aims to correctly and completely inform our website users regarding the placing, using and administration of cookies by the administrators of these areas when our website is used.
1. COOKIES DEFINITION
Cookies, known also as browser cookies or HTTP cookies are small text files(letters and numbers) collected by websites from a user’s browser stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment used by the user to access the internet. When a website uses them, it allows users to perform certain functions on the site more easily and efficiently.
In order for you to express your consent regarding the collecting, using and storage of your personal data, we took all necessary measures for you to be fully aware of your commitment, from your first to your last interaction to this website.
Cookies are installed at the express request of a web-server addressed to a browser(Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once installed, cookies have a determined life span, remaining “passive”, as they do not contain software programs, computer viruses or spyware and they will not access data stored on the user’s hard drive on which they have been installed.
A cookie has two parts:
- The name of the cookie and
- The content or the value of the cookie.
From the technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again whenever the user comes back on the internet page associated with the respective web server.
2. THE PURPOSE OF USING COOKIES
- Improve the use of the website, including the identification of any errors that can appear during the visit of the site(technical reasons);
- Providing the anonymous statistics regarding the way this webpage is used by de academy.appscenic.com, which is the administrator of this webpage;
- Anticipation of some products that will be available to the users through this internet page in consideration of our services and accessed products;
- Enabling a personalized experience for both visitors and registered users;
- Allowing the display of advertising from selected third-party networks.
Based on the data transmitted by the cookies, the administrator of this internet page, academy.appscenic.com, may adopt some measures in order to make it more efficient and more accessible for the users.
Thus, using cookies allows the keeping of some settings/preferences of our users like:
- The language used to visit the site;
- Currency used to express some prices or fees;
- Facilitation of access into the user’s account.
Also, some of these cookies may be set when a page is loaded, or when a user takes a particular action on one of our services. Many of the cookies we use are only set if you are a registered user, while others are set whenever you visit or use one of our services (irrespective of whether you have an account).
3. LIFESPAN OF THE COOKIES
The lifespan of a cookie can depend on the purpose that was attributed to it.
Two types of cookies determine their life span:
- Cookie session which is deleted automatically when the user closes his browser;
- Persistent cookie which remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches certain expiration date. That expiring date can be in a few minutes, days, or some years or until they are erased by the user at any time through the settings of his browser.
Generally, the cookies we use can live up to 365 days.
4. THIRD-PARTIES COOKIES
Some content sections on this web page can be provided by third-parties, other than the manager of this website – academy.appscenic.com. They are named third-parties cookies.
The third-parties cookies may come from Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram.
5. TYPES OF COOKIES USES BY OUR WEBSITE
The bullet points below outline the types of cookies we use on our services and why we use them. We also provide explanations of their purpose(s).
- Strictly Necessary. These cookies are essential for our Services to perform their basic functions. These include cookies that are required to allow registered users to authenticate and perform account related functions, as well as to save the contents of virtual “carts” for e-commerce functionality;
- Analytics and Performance. Performance cookies collect information on how users interact with our Services, including what pages are visited most, as well as other analytical data. We use these details to improve how our Services function and to understand how users interplay with our Services;
- Functionality. These cookies are used to store preferences set by users such as account name, language, and location;
- Security. We use these cookies to help identify and prevent potential security risks.
6. TYPES OF DATA STORED AND ACCESSED THROUGH COOKIES
The cookies store information on a small text file which allows the identification of the browser. Our page recognizes the browser until the expiring date of the cookies.
We’ll store a user/session ID.
7. CHARACTERISTICS OF THE BROWSER’S SETTINGS CONCERNING THE COOKIES
Please access the links indicated on point 8 with details on browser cookies.
8. DISABLE THE COOKIES
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
If you disable cookies, please be aware that some of the features of our Services may not function correctly.
9. THE PROTECTION OF THE USER’S PERSONAL DATA
We don’t store any user’s private data in cookies.
10. USE OF THE STORED PERSONAL DATA
We don’t store any user’s private data in cookies.
11. PURPOSE OF THE STORAGE OF THE DATA ABOUT BROWSER/IP/DEVICE
Upon your consent for collecting your data about the browser, IP, device, we will use this information to determine the way you use our website. Thus, we will make the necessary changes so you will find easier all the information you search.
Mainly, we use the stored data for targeting and retargeting our products.
12. SELLING OF THE STORED DATA
We do not sell the data stored in cookies.
13. SENDING MARKETING MESSAGES ABOUT THE FIRM’S ACTIVITY
Upon your consent, we will send to you, via email, marketing messages to inform you about your products:
- NEWSLETTER AND CONDITIONS OF SUBSCRIBING AND UNSUBSCRIBING
- On our website, you will have a newsletter function and you will be able to opt-out or opt-in from our dashboard.
- ONLINE ADVERTISING FOR OUR PRODUCTS AND OUR SUPPLIERS PRODUCTS
- In consideration of our e-commerce activity, we’ll engage in online advertising for our products.
- In this context, we use 3 main advertising networks – Facebook, Youtube and Google, as well as many targeting methods for the users in different campaigns using demographical data to establish their interests. This information is provided to us by the advertising networks.
- Usually, our online advertising on other sites is displayed based on the data we have collected from you in accordance with your expressed consent.
14. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Your legal rights considering the collecting and processing of your data are:
- Right to be informed regarding the way your data are collected and used by our company;
- Right to access all data we have collected about you;
- Right to request the correction of the data we stored about you
- Right to request the erasure of the data we stored about you;
- Right to request to stop receiving marketing messages from us;
- Right to request that we send the data about you to you or a third- party, in the circumstances provided by the law;
- Right to file a complaint to the local supervisory authority.
You can at any time contact us at the email address: [email protected] and we will answer all your requests in accordance with the law.
The legal time to answer a request is within 30 days, but we will do everything necessary to provide you an adequate reply as soon as possible.